August 18, 2009

A touch of France on a Tuesday afternoon

While my sweetheart was at work I went for "coffee" with one of my favorite girlfriends this afternoon... She originally asked me to become her shopping companion for one day, but i couldn't be bothered to go for shopping with her because there is nothing better than shopping on your own and buying things that YOU like, not your girlfriend, who loves whatever you try on :)) Does this situation sound any familiar to you, my dear readers?
....So there was I running late rushing into Mondo cafe where SHE was waiting for one certain guilty girl. After a long conversation about almost everything that two sophisticated ladies can talk about (finance, art, future, cinema, fashion, a little bit of fresh gossips, men, shopping... you name it.
At this point we had already finished our banana ice blend cocktails and gone for small, really tiny, shopping.
In fact it was a small shopping: just women'secret and L'Occitane! First one turned into a preschool underwear shopping center for girls under 16. Not much of a sexy stuff, only cute elephant pattern, grumpy/curious girls prints and some school themed prints on gray bras. Ugh!
L'Occitane was so much more exciting. No updates, just traditional well-known beautifully-scented products. You know, what i like the most about their products - smell and package design (i just could not dismiss that).
I got this amazing Red Rice Purifying Mask which I've tried earlier and I really liked. It's a very light and fast drying mask that gives you a fresh feeling after you rinse it off. The second product that I got today was Almond Apple Velvet Face Fluid SPF40. I can't really comment on this one much because I just got it today, but I would like to share with you my first impression. This face fluid feels really nice and soft to the skin, no irritation occurred after. I will be updating you later on how I'm adjusting to it. Another product which I liked from this line is Almond Apple Velvet Eye Gel. I recommend you trying at least one of these products if your skin belongs to the category from dry to oily. You won't regret it!
So this is it for today's review on my tiny shopping in Nicosia. Hope you enjoyed reading it!

1 comment:

  1. i prefer shopping on my own too. then i don't have to feel like i'm dragging my friend around. my mom is a really great shopping buddy though. :)

    and i love l'occitane! mmmm! everything smells so good!

    ReplyDelete